crappy

Thu Feb 6 09:06:15 UTC 2014

Jonathan Lighter:

> True, but you can't say "shitty" on broadcast TV. Yet. You can, moreover,
> feel "shitty" as well as "crappy." And if you can be "shitty," you ought to
> be able to be "crappy" too when you damn well feel like it.
>
> Ockham's Shaver suggests that Oz probably said "crabby." Yet there's no
> reason at all why a synonymous "crappy" shouldn't exist as well.  And when
> it does, you'll have read it here first.

The following excerpt might contain example of the sense you are discussing:

Year: 2008 (2006 copyright)
Title: The Marriage Diaries: A Novel
Author: Rebecca Campbell
Page: 105
(Google Books Preview)

http://books.google.com/books?id=DEC51Bbxr1YC&q=%22being+crappy%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
I've begun to appreciate more what she did. All that being crappy to
people to make them do things. And sacking people. And telling them
they can't have any more money.
[End excerpt]

Garson