Still pumpin' 'em out after all these years

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 7 04:32:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wilson, maybe your columnist was using the same logic as those people who
> insist that two negatives *really* make a positive. Thus, a  / ho / is a
> gardening implement and / dEsImet / means bumping off one in ten. Period.

So, what makes referring to women as gardening instrument by random members
of a maligned minority treated as a "slur" against women worthy of the
interest to a columnist of The Boston Globe?

When I was in high school, I was once startled to hear one of the other
bruz, in a conversation wit me, refer to his girlfriend as "my whore," in
the presence of the principal. But, of course, The Man heard only "my hoe,"
if he even noticed it at all.

Those were the good old days.

Naturally, no one is perfect. This same bruh is the only person that I've
ever heard use [b^b] to refer to the female breast. For dekkids, I was
under the impression that he had said "bulb." Not till the coming of HDAS
did I discover that the word is "bub."

OTOH, perhaps he really *did* say "bulb."

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----