Quote: Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. (Attrib Abraham Lincoln)

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 9 22:32:29 UTC 2014

FYI, I find this quote interesting because there is a long-standing quote
taking a contrary position:

"If the iron is blunt whet the edge, but do not always be sharpening the
axe and never using it."

Annual Report of the State Department of Health of New York for the Year
Ending December 31 (1909)
http://books.google.com/books?id=53oXAQAAIAAJ&dq=%22sharpening%20the%20axe%22&pg=PA652#v=onepage&q=%22sharpening%20the%20axe%22&f=false

DanG