spycraft; tradecraft

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Tue Feb 11 04:53:03 UTC 2014

Actually, I did find on pre-1960 attestation, though I didn't recognize
it at first, as it came from an issue of /The Business Lawyer./ Looking
closer, though, it's in proximity with "intelligence" and "agent."

    ...obviously have and will continue [sic] to play a major role in
    the finding, acquisition, and analysis of intelligence.

    Nevertheless, current evidence shows a continuing need in many cases
    for the individual agent, personal access to the information desired
    and the use of the time-worn /tradecraft/techniques. I cannot deny
    the fascination which this ...

    http://books.google.com/books?id=ZU8tAAAAIAAJ&q=%22tradecraft%22&dq=%22tradecraft%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cTZiUeimF5TtqAH60oCQBA&ved=0CC4Q6AEwADgK*
    *

Neal