New proverb identifies beauty's source

Wed Feb 12 17:26:50 UTC 2014

The "Access World News" database has a match in 1990.

Date: 1990 May 27
Title: WIDE-BEACH WILDWOODS AIMING FOR TOURISM WAVES
Newspaper: The Morning Call
Location of newspaper: Allentown, PA
Author: RANDY KRAFT, The Morning Call
Database: NewsBank Access World News

[Begin excerpt]
A T-shirt in one of its shop windows stated: "Wildwood: If you're not
wasted, the day is." Another depicts Calvin and Hobbs, both
intoxicated, with the phrase: " Beauty is in the eye of the beer
holder."
[End excerpt]

Regarding my previous post, Barry gives "Beer Games 2, Revised" a 1995
date instead of 1994. There are conflicting indicators in the book
images. (Now it has been antedated, I think.)

Garson