Changes to Google News Archive and search

Wed Feb 12 19:15:46 UTC 2014

Thanks for the update, Ben. Google currently employs some of the most
brilliant computer scientists in the world. They know that it is not
necessary to break the system while they are performing a "facelift".

Chronological search has worked incorrectly in GB and Google News for
a couple years even when the metadata is accurate. The databases are
still extremely valuable.

The revenue from Google Books and the Google News Archive is probably
small. Historical net revenue is probably quite negative for these
projects, I would guess. On the other hand, they can feed this data to
their new deep AI projects.