Query: Can "yours" rhyme dialectally with "purse"?

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Sat Feb 15 03:18:32 UTC 2014

Going entirely on gut instinct (I've never even heard the song) I'm guessing this is tongue-in-cheek visual-ish rhyme, not intended to be a 'real' rhyme, but rather a cute joking approximation of one. To the best of my knowledge, no dialect merges these. And it is kinda cute...

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.