based off = 'as a result of; by reason of; from'

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 18 01:04:33 UTC 2014

I wasn't criticizing, or proposing to stop change.

Mark

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:
Yeah, Mark, but who cares?  Inglish cannot be stopped.

And this seems to be a somewhat different sense of "based off" than has
been discussed.

JL