Blexting

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 18 14:40:30 UTC 2014

"Blexting" first appeared on Loveland's front page on September 26, 2013.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130926013855/http://makeloveland.com/

It's a good idea, but a bit of a misnomer as texting, unsurprisingly
from the name, is sending plain text. Also known as SMS (short message
service), and MMS (multimedia messaging service) is a method to send
text, pictures, and/or audio. But given the rise of third-party
applications and cheap or unlimited internet connections on
smartphones, many apps just send stuff over the internet using their
own back-end services.

Anyway, here's some earlier examples in chronological order.

---

A March 15, 2007 blog comment:

[Begin]
Twitter puzzles the media-studies types an awful lot. In about 6
months time I guarantee there will be bucketloads of PhD proposals on
how the combinations of 'blogging and texting' (blexting, obviously, a
much better name!) are affecting the development of the English
language
[End]

---

Urban Dictionary, June 16, 2010:

[Begin]
The act of text messaging someone while bligerently drunk usually to
the point where one does not remeber sending the message/s.
[End]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blexting

---

Here's a sort of Christian blessing texting service, set up by an LLC
of the same name:

http://www.blextingunlimited.com/

Domain first registered on November 18th, 2010.

---

A blogpost from January 21st, 2011:

[Begin]
1. "Blexting" or "Blogting" or "Phogging" or "Bloning"? What to call
blogging from one's phone that is the question?

Hmm. I never actually thought about it before. I guess I like phogging
as sometimes these posts are written during a 3am fog known as the bg
needs to move (pick whiich way for a given day)
[End]

http://justicesmisbehavingpancreas.blogspot.fi/2011_01_01_archive.html

---

Tweet, January 28, 2012:

[Begin]
Blexting: blackout sexting
[End]

https://twitter.com/sweetcarol1ne/status/163328333378097152

---

Urban Dictionary, August 05, 2012

[Begin]
Communicating with a third party via SMS while performing the act of fellatio.