Saying "We don't want it great, we want it Friday", 1946

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Feb 27 22:59:26 UTC 2014

The same 1946 NYHT article on serials has the saying "We don't want
it great, we want it Friday."  Just for the information of the quote
hunters.  As for the movie terms I sent, either American Notes &
Queries - Volume 6 - Page 119 (1946; GBooks snippet) copied the NYHT,
or the NYHT copied American Notes & Queries.  I didn't search for
variant wordings, either in GBooks or the ADS-L archives.

New York Herald Tribune, 20 October 1946 (Sunday), THIS WEEK
magazine, article "Cliff-Hangers", by William Roberts, p. 15, col. 1
(subtitle); also p. 26, col. 4.

I can send a PDF to those who wish one. (The article itself is an
amusing take on the production of serials.)

Joel