"go-to" = immediate? automatic?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 1 18:15:47 UTC 2014

I don't think "default" works here. The point seems to be that the feelings
are "consciously accessible," not that they're usual or expected.

"Go-to guys" are guys who reliably get things done when you go to them, not
guys you go to by default (i.e., because there's nobody else).

JL