Year-clipping in the new millennium

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 12 06:28:18 UTC 2014

My first experience of year-clipping in the new millennium: 2014 > '14.
Maybe it's old hat to you guys, but I've never seen it before. The last
clipped year I remember was '99.
http://www.msn.com/?rd=1&ucc=TW&dcc=US&opt=1&st=1&pc=UP97&ocid=UP97DHP&tc=0
<<Find a car or truck>> at the bottom left, with a menu of clickable items:
(.) 2015 Corvette can record high-def video
(.) '14 Dodge Dart Blacktop to debut in Detroit
(.) Best auto ads are out; what's your favorite?

Clicking on the middle bullet ('14 Dodge Dart) led to:
<<2014 Dodge Dart Blacktop to debut in Detroit . . .>>

Now looking back, I see I mis-read <<Best auto ads are out>>. (Somebody get
me the Wayback Machine! I want out.)