impactful, below-the-line, etc.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 14 16:56:37 UTC 2014

Impactful, adj.  'effective and influential'

"In my work, I’ve been fortunate to learn from amazingly successful,
impactful professionals and entrepreneurs."

Share, v. 'to say sincerely or in confidence':

"I’ve heard from corporate professionals who share, 'Kathy, I really hate
my job and desperately want to leave.  I’ve been wanting to write a book
and become a motivational speaker for several years now.  What’s your
advice?'  I’ll respond, 'OK, great. '"

Below-the-line, adj.  'insufficiently ambitious or optimistic':
"'Below the line' thinking refers to a particular mindset that shapes how
you view the world in a limiting way."

Attach, v. 'to attach oneself'
"Unsuccessful individuals attach to fantasies that may relieve them
momentarily of their situational pain but have no basis in reality."

Power, n. 'ability and influence.'
"Successful people are in touch with their power, and are not afraid to use
it and express it.  They advocate and negotiate strongly...."

Gut, n. 'innermost feelings'
"Those who doubt themselves, lack trust in their own gut or instincts...."

Power gap, n. 'area of weakness or ineffectuality, as in business or
personal relationships'

"Sure, they acknowledge they have 'power gaps' or blind spots, and areas
that need deep development."

Deep, adj. special

[See "power gap"]

Thought for the day:
"Successful people ...go with the flow.  They follow the trends, and
embrace them... make bold moves...and won’t be waylaid by the priorities
and values of others."

All of the above (unfortunately not all of it new) is in one handy  place
at
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/successful-people--the-8-self-limiting-behaviors-they-avoid-184436770.html

JL