50 "weird" U.S. place names

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 15 13:49:31 UTC 2014

I was wondering, although the statement is true as it stands (if unremarkable).  Maybe it's that a B is more of an iconic representation of the object depicted than is an E, the latter serving on Showtime's "Masters of Sex" series for a different referent: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/20618110767742038/
(I thought it was part of the intro sequence, viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve8orWqYzPU, but apparently not, although everything else is.)

LH

P.S.  Oops, NSFW.  Sorry.