50 "weird" U.S. place names

Fri Jan 17 00:45:33 UTC 2014

I believe that after Ralph Ginsberg tried to use the post office at Blue
Ball, Pa. as the mailing address for his mid-60s sex magazine, the village
changed its name and thereby lost out on the chance to appear on this list.
Meanwhile, I've always been partial to Cut-and-Shoot, Texas, the birthplace
of one of Floyd Patterson's opponents when he was heavyweight champion.
Can't remember the guy's name.

GAT

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://screen.yahoo.com/buzzfeed/50-weirdest-city-names-50-221140519.html
>
> Observe how some people seem to think "butt" is spelled with a B.
>
> JL
>
> --

George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much since then.