A couple of heards:

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 18 17:31:45 UTC 2014

WG (redivivus): <<add a syllabic -ed: likeded, -eyeded, -haireded,
stoppeded, runneded>>

WB: double preterites I might hear/say DelMarVa: <he drownded the kittens
in the river>; it costed us a fortune; burst(ed) ~ busted (busted a gut
laughing); knit ~ knitted (knitted me a sweater); sweat ~ sweated (I
sweat(ed) like a pig); swelled ~ swole ~ swoled (my foot all swoled up);
stole ~ stoled (I stoled a lot these spellings from Bagby Atwood); tore ~
tored (he tored a ligament); the train slowly grounded to a halt after
smashing the stalled school bus at the crossing. Tendency for intrusive [d]
prevocalically?