_microfiche_: "count" oder nicht?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 20 05:57:13 UTC 2014

"microfiches," from at least 1959

"sheets of microfiche," from at least 1964

IMO, "count" is indubitably "correct." OTOH, because I can't recall hearing
anyone use "five sheets of microfiche" in place of "five microfiches" until
the '90's, when I heard my
young-enough-to-be-my-grandchildren-hence-of-no-authority assistants use
it, it was surprising to discover it used as non-count in print years
before any of those chirren were born.

Youneverknow.

The only thing that surprises me more than realizing how mistaken I often
am is realizing how mistaken others often are. ;-)

--
-Wilson
-----