"cliff-hanger"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 22 15:56:20 UTC 2014

To be picky, one might also add, "the final episode of a season which ends
in this manner."

That would cover sentences like, "In the [n.b., not "a'"] cliff-hanger, the
Headless Horseman of the Apocalypse abducts Katrina while Ichabod is
plunged screaming into the grave."

A satisfactory ending? Only for some.

JL