Uncle Sugar Rorschach

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 25 20:17:53 UTC 2014

Garson beat me to the observation that Barry had quite independently
unearthed some of the cites I listed and included them in an article some
years ago on his carefully researched Big Apple blog.

The media, however, is currently enamored of UrbanDictionary.com, whose
leading evidence for "Uncle Sugar" sez, "The concept that Uncle Sam is
everyon's [sic] pimp because he takes his share of your money before you
get your share."

A contribution dated today confidently asserts that "Uncle Sugar" is "a
combination of 'Uncle Sam' and 'Sugar Daddy.' "

JL