Is this you?

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 30 04:30:39 UTC 2014

JB:  <<Does this locution appear only/mainly when the "this" is seen as
characterizing or defining the person, as a car might define a person
as staid or racy?  "That hairdo/dress/... is me.">>
WB: Wrote up the quintessential construction in the '80s RE: <Toys R Us>.
Am especially fond of Louis XIV's <Le'tat, c'est moi.>, which I render <The
State? That's ME!!!>, with appropriately limp-wristed hand gestures.
     Feels different from bus stop examples though. <Taipei Station? That's
us, let's get off.>  <Roosevelt Road? That's me! Xia che!> Plural <us>
feels okay; singular <me> feels comical/awkward.