OT: Re: George Lakoff (and others) on "foodie"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Jul 2 13:02:32 UTC 2014

On 7/2/14, 12:00 AM, ADS-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Poole too prefers "foodist", which he says was "used from the late
> 19th century for hucksters selling fad diets (which is quite apt)." He
> sardonically describes a foodist as one who "operates under the
> prejudices of a governing ideology, viewing the whole world through
> the grease-smeared lenses of a militant eater."
>
> --bgz
I use "Foodist" for my own personal crackpot religious movement, which
observes any holiday with food traditions associated with it, as
Hanukah, St. Lucia's Day, Epiphany-Mardi Gras (king cake season!),
Martinmas, St. Catherine's Day, Narwuz, etc.

---Amy West