curious and curiouser

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 2 22:08:14 UTC 2014

A few evenings ago an NPR journalist reported the launch of a satellite
that would "go in seek of clues to the universe."

Now a non-journalist on the same show ("All Things Considered"), explains
that when he discovered other people were earning more for the same work,
he felt "kind of looked over."

You know, what old people call "overlooked."  Of course, in the sentence,
"I'm looking over a four-leaf clover that I overlooked before," the two
forms could sound synonymous.  To somebody. Somewhere.

Right after that came a young woman whose given name sounded like "Mossimo"
or "Massimo."

JL