"considering cap" [antedated to 1573]

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 7 01:42:48 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> I'd like to pass the second quotation on to a friend (female!) who is
> not much up on 16th-century spelling.  May I assume that in "they
> will condemne their woer for a foole" it's "wooer"?  And I can't
> figure out what "serude" is in "yet as his audacity serude him".  "Seduce"?

I've uploaded a JPG of the first two pages of "The Morall" to the
following site,

http://www.med.unc.edu/uploads/rsbyd.breton.jpg

The text you're after is on the second image in that JPG.  (That image
will be there for about a week and then it'll vanish.)

Yes, I assume "woer" is "wooer" and "serude" is, I think, "served."

(Ooh, now I'm hoping the EEBO-produced transcription I sent along
earlier was essentially correct after all.)

-- Bonnie