A new word "oxt"

caitlin o caitqlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 17 18:20:31 UTC 2014

DanG said: "Funny, I always thought "this Thursday" v "next Thursday" accomplished the same thing."
It doesn't in my experience because one can say "next Friday" to refer to the closest coming Friday or to the oxt Friday.  I know people who frequently inter-change "this" and "next" in this context because they're never sure which their audience prefers.  It's annoyed me for a very long time. I have taken to specifying the date, or always using the phrase "not this coming Friday, but the Friday after that".
Personally, I am very excited about oxt.