Isn't this a bit extreme?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Jul 27 00:20:01 UTC 2014

On Jul 26, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> "a woman’s right to choose _their_ own reproductive health"

No more extreme than, inter many alia,

Tot moms was designed as a way for Madison and I to build new friendships and get to know other mommies and tots in our area…A tot mom is enthusiastic, committed, hard working, loving, fun, and most of all, dedicated to their tots. Every mother featured has all the qualities of a tot mom.
           — http://totmoms.wordpress.com/about/, “What is Tot Moms?” blog FAQ

I challenge you to find a lesbian who doesn’t want to see themselves portrayed on television.
—actress on Showtime’s “The L-Word”

WHO WEARS WHITE DURING THEIR PERIOD?
—from a panty-liner commercial on television

As long as there's no reference to a specific woman (or man), the "they"/"their"/"them" forms are increasingly an option (for some).

LH