"do a crap"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 5 23:45:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "have"

Whereabouts do Americans say that? Just kidding.

I'm familiar with "whereabouts" in place of simple "where" from down home
in Marshall, where it's usual in the local BE, but not from anywhere else.
However, after finding this,

whereabouts - Oxford Dictionaries
www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/.../whereabouts
OxfordDictionaries.com
Definition of whereabouts in American English in Oxford dictionary. Meaning
... adverb. Where or approximately where: _whereabouts do you come from?_

I'm forced to make an agonizing reappraisal, since, clearly, this use of
"whereabouts" isn't peculiar to the peops down home, despite my previous
impression.

--
-Wilson
-----