Creepypasta, WOTY suggestion (Was Re: Antedating of "creepypasta")

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 7 14:43:41 UTC 2014

OK, not saying this is my favorite so far, but -- five months into
2014 -- I think "creepypasta" should be added to a list of possible
WOTY candidates.  (See Hugo's helpful research and links, below.)

I bring this up in part because of my interest in contemporary
legends, but also because of a recent, shocking (and much-publicized)
stabbing in Wisconsin, allegedly prompted by belief in "Slenderman," a
"creepypasta."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Creepypasta

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Creepypasta_Wiki

-- Bonnie