which its = "whose"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 13 17:36:15 UTC 2014

Long ago I mentioned the difficulty even  grad students in English had 30
years ago with "whose" as a subordinating conjunction after something not
human, as in "an idea whose time has come." (Some online grammarians now
prefer the counter-rational "subordinate conjunction." Right.)

One of the grotesque conjunctions the studes used was "which's."  Another
was the perhaps genetically identical "which its."

Now grownups use it:

http://cnn.org/2014/06/11/opinion/ben-ghiat-world-war-one/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

"the Submarine was introduced in the 19th Century by the French called the
Plongeur, Which its designs were used by the Confederates to build the H.L.
Hunley"

JL