"they should hang their heads high"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jun 16 03:07:02 UTC 2014

--NBA Commissioner David Silver, commenting on how the Miami Heat, who had just been blown out for the third consecutive game and been eliminated from the Championship series, have nothing to be ashamed about.

You can hold your head high, you can hang your head, but can you hang your head high?  And even if you can, should you?  Clearly, even commissioners are not immune from the tendency to blend.

Quite a few g-hits for "hang your head high", but I'm pretty sure it's a new one on me.

LH