The Proper Pronunciation of Certiorari

Tue Jun 24 17:34:55 UTC 2014

Black's gives

'sərsh(iy)ər'eray
'sərshər'eriy

but I have never really trusted that for pronunciation.

I think this word falls into a group of a large number of Latin- and Greek-derived words for which there is no standard pronunciation because they're not said often enough. Clade names are often impossible to figure out.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos