Didn't as [dIdInt]

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 24 17:53:29 UTC 2014

I think I started noticing this barred i+n pronunciation of a variety of
words and suffixes ending in syllabic /n/ about 25 years ago.  I have the
impression that it is more frequent in young female speakers than the rest
of the population, more common in Cal than the rest of the country, and
more common in cities than in rural areas.  I was surprised at an LSA about
10 years ago to hear it from a young male Australian presenter, but he was
studying at either Stanford or Berkeley and may have picked it up there.
Quarter century old memory based on anecdotal data, for what it's worth.