How many "smart" things are there?

Brian Hitchcock brianhi at SKECHERS.COM
Fri Jun 27 23:30:29 UTC 2014

Smart bombs.

As for smorphs....  Well, there were already Smurfs. Awfully close to smorphs.

And then there are Smores (or S'mores).  Tasty little fellers.  I assumed it was a contraction of "Some more" as in "gimme s'more".  Merriam Webster online posits that derivation, and claims first known use was in 1974. I'll bet someone could antedate that; I'm sure I heard it prior to 1965.  It might have been only oral tradition (campfire lore) at that point. And maybe they are actually smart mores (roughly the equivalent of an intelligent ethos).

Also, where I work, I have written manuals for software called SmartView, and for a system dubbed SMARTS (I dubbed it that). But these are for in-house use, not commercially available.