WOTY -- "upskirting"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 6 20:06:51 UTC 2014

Have you read the law?

"(5) the term 'under circumstances in which that individual has a
reasonable expectation
of privacy' means--

 "(A) circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that he or
she could
disrobe in privacy, without being concerned that an image of a private area
of the
individual was being captured; or

 "(B) circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that a
private area of
the individual would not [**4000] be visible to the public, regardless of
whether that
person is in a public or private place.

(A) is clearly concerned with a peeping Tom acting in secret. If you want
to refuse to identify legislative intent, that is, I suppose, your right.

(B) is problematic -- can someone wearing a skirt believe that "a private
area" is never "visible to the public"? What if the skirt-wearer trips and
falls, for example?

DanG