cancer stick (1954)

Fri Mar 14 16:50:45 UTC 2014

Here is another 1954 cite in an AP article.

[ref] 1954 February 1, Greensboro Daily News, Dumper Up, Or Down,
Smoke Will Find Out,
Section 2, Quote Page 8, Greensboro, North Carolina. (GenealogyBank)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
DURHAM, Jan. 31 (AP)--This cigarette city reacts quickly but is hard
to frighten, The following dialogue Was overheard at a party here last
night.
"Have a cancer stick, dear," said the man.
"Thanks, I need to relax." said the woman.
[End excerpt]

Garson