Why I think "cliff-hanger" arose from the 1914 "Perils of Pauline"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Mar 16 18:43:35 UTC 2014

My inability to prove that the origin of "cliff-hanger" lies in "The
Perils of Pauline" will be resolved, I believe, on Monday March 17,
when Gina answers the next question in the "Fact Town Smackdown",
namely "What is the origin of the word 'cliffhanger'?"

See "Big Nate" for Saturday March 15, at
http://www.gocomics.com/bignate/2014/03/15#.UyXvd85N2z4

(Somebody's been watching ADS-L.)

Joel