"Don't just do something...."

Sat Mar 22 19:31:40 UTC 2014

Back in 2011 JL prompted a discussion on the saying "Don't just do
something; stand there." Prodded by a request I have now composed an
entry about this topic for the QI website. Here is the
acknowledgement:

[Begin excerpt]
Great thanks to Professor Jonathan Lighter who initiated a discussion
about this saying. Thanks to Dan Goncharoff who located the February
1956 citation, and to the other discussants.
[End excerpt]

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/03/22/stand-there/

With appreciation,
Garson