banderlog

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 23 03:49:22 UTC 2014

I noticed a Russian poster call out Ukrainians as "fascist banderlogs"
in a G+ post on events in Crimea. I scratched my head for a bit, but
then noticed that other Russians and Ukrainians were using "banderlogs"
in posts and comments both in Russian and in English. It's not
particular surprising as this was the way the monkeys were identified in
the Russian cartoon Maugli (Mowgli) from the early 1970s.
http://goo.gl/nmlmEQ  (IMDB)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f74m1kfxM2Q  (full version, no subtitles)

The original Jungle Book name is Bandar-log. In addition, "banderlog"
was a D&D monster (fat green baboon) used in 1980s and 90s.

http://goo.gl/Et4Na8

I would not be surprised if the use spreads a bit. Russians use it the
same way as liberals would accuse conservatives of being "Neanderthals".

     VS-)