The new metaphor: The haystack and the 777

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 25 19:56:18 UTC 2014

This is also a common academic law and scientific metaphor. Certainly,
not new. In the early days of the Higgs Boson search, you could
frequently hear the reference for having to "look in the right
haystack". You also hear the same expression frequently in reference to
counter-terrorism intelligence.

http://goo.gl/wiz76L
The Emergence of High Technology Litigation

http://goo.gl/xdjgrg
> "We may know that high value individuals are in a general area. We
> need to be able to look in the right haystack. We could use ways to
> bring infrared imagery and hyperspectral data into the video."

     VS-)