buoy [boy] ~ [BOO-ee]

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Thu Mar 27 22:08:11 UTC 2014

I learned the boy/buoy bit from John Boardman (author of The Asteroid
Light) several decades ago.  He was not (and is not) a professional singer.

I believe there are several versions of "The Eddystone Light" at
mudcat.org.  Also "The Keeper of The London Zoo," "The Asteroid Light,"
and "The Leader of the General Strike."

On 03/24/2014 08:07 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
> You can find a bunch of different versions (52) of "Eddystone Light" on iTunes; the excerpts I checked all have
  /@hoi/ and /boi/ (and the bit, I just after that couple, about how one
of the offspring was exhibited as a talking fish
and another served in a chafing dish; all very tragic), but I didn't
come across any (without having checked all 52) that
included the final spoken couplet below.  I guess it was the old
"Brothers Four" version that I dimly recall.

--
Dan Goodman
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.