"ship": fannish use

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Thu Mar 27 22:28:19 UTC 2014

My 15yo son and his peers regularly use "ship" regarding their peers.
They'd probably use it for TV couples, too, but they don't talk about
them as far as I can tell. If a potential couple has already been
mentioned, they can say, "I ship it" to indicate agreement that the two
should get together.

Neal