a font that no one knows why it exists

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Sun Mar 30 04:44:07 UTC 2014

...a font with no reason to exist that anyone can think of.
...a font with no reason to exist that anyone knows about.
...a font with no reason to exist that anyone can imagine.
...a font with no known reason to exist.
...a font that has no known reason to exist.
...a no-known-reason-to-exist font.
DAD

Poster:       Randy Alexander <strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: a font that no one knows why it exists
---

I don't think there are any people that this is a normal construction for.
 I've heard it (and produced it) often enough though through strolling down
the garden path. I remember in college when I first became aware of it -- I
was excited to have found an example where English just broke down.

> Poster:       Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM>
> Subject:      Re: a font that no one knows why it exists

---