Reverse English

Fri May 2 06:46:12 UTC 2014

On May 1, 2014, at 11:31 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com>wrote:
>
>> I suspect "reverse" means that "be bought on" means the same as "be sold
>> on."
>

> That was clear from the context. The wirer was describing his positive
> reaction to the Peterson System, after he'd tried it out.

I wasn't sure what you mean by "reverse," and I was making a stab at it.

> I suspect that "this is not BrE usage" means "this is not only BrE usage."
> If it's "generally" found in AmE, how does your cite evidence it?

It doesn't sound very odd to me, so I suspect it's not just BrE.

How my citation evidences it, I think is evident: '"I'm now fascinated about a number of of your other products. I never heard of Breville, but I'm bought on this manufacturere."'

However, as I said, just because the website is in LA does not mean the writer isn't from Britain.

This is an interesting catch as usual.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos