to _show out_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 26 02:45:16 UTC 2014

This is covered in DARE, but I was a little startled to see it used on line
as something that people other than "them good folks who come from home"
would understand.

Youneverknow.

Headline on VH1 Web gossip site:

"Miley Sparks Up and _Shows Out_ In Europe

Rap-song verse:

"Every time I go out / You know I got to _show out_"

Quotes from books:

"The last thing we need on our vacation is Grandma telling us how you boys
_'showed out'_ [quotes original; i.e, the writer, like me, didn't expect
that the term would be familiar] while we were gone."

“You have _showed out_ long enough. Now get down from there."

"As Shai had predicted, somebody [at the birthday party] _showed out_ and,
as a result, Baby Doc lost the hearing in one ear ..."

"We went out in the second half and _showed out_."

"Holy Spirit [in the "Third Person of the Holy Trinity" sense] showed up
and _showed out_." "He ain't the only one who _showed out_," a dark-skinned
brother interrupts from the blind side."

“Let's go. Mom's over there _showing out_!”
--
-Wilson
-----