[Ads-l] "Pleasant gentleman"

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Thu Nov 6 04:00:27 UTC 2014

I'm not sure I'd call it a technical term, but I've seen it fairly
frequently in reports from consultants, as in "Thank you for referring this
pleasant gentleman to me..."  Hospital admissions, ER notes, clinic notes,
etc, strike me as much less likely to use this phrase.
Dave Hause, dwhause at cablemo.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

In reports available to me about my visits to medical practitioners I
have so often been described under the heading "Physical Examination
/ General" as "a pleasant gentleman" that I am wondering whether it
is a technical term of the profession.

(I'm not complaining -- it's better than being called "difficult",
"obstreperous", or something worse than a gentleman.)