[Ads-l] Sentence-final though / tho / doe

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Nov 6 15:00:23 UTC 2014

I think for both this and the utterance-final "but" Neal mentions, both of which I've heard a bunch and no doubt use myself, I'd transcribe it

"I was going to wash the car but it rained, so…"
"I like your idea, but…"

I agree the UF "though" is different, and I wouldn't use a comma and ellipsis there.

LH