[Ads-l] Medical insurance Kentuckianisms?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Nov 6 20:36:31 UTC 2014

At 11/6/2014 01:06 PM, Lisa Galvin wrote:
>It's insurance-ease,  and spelled correctly. I believe it is
>pronounced the way she pronounced it, industry-wide, more or less.

Perhaps just as much as "de-fen-DANT" is legal-ease.  For "payor",
the OED makes no distinction, defining "payor" solely as "= payer
n."  (I must say I've never heard an insurance-er say it in any manner.)

Joel