[Ads-l] Adages: Easy writing's vile hard reading & Easy reading is damn hard writing

Sat Nov 8 06:18:12 UTC 2014

Thanks to Bonnie and ECCO Eighteenth Century Collections Online I've
finally finished and posted three new entries on the QI website.

Despite the claims in the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations (2012), The
Times Book of Quotations (2000), and other references I learned that
the 1799 compilation of biographical sketches by William Seward was
titled Biographiana and not Biographia.

Easy Writing's Vile Hard Reading
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/04/easy-writing/

Easy Reading Is Hard Writing
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/05/hard-writing/

What Is Written Without Effort Is In General Read Without Pleasure
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/08/without-effort/

Garson