[Ads-l] Updating Wikipedia links

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 13 16:23:22 UTC 2014

I've noticed that links to ADS-L messages that some of you have kindly
provided on Wikipedia pages devoted to word and phrase origins are now
no longer valid since the ADS-L archive has moved.  I believe that
many of these original messages are useful supplements to Wikipedia
pages.

Here's a request.  If you've been keeping an eye on a particular page
and know that it contains a link back to an ADS-L message, it would be
very helpful if you could update the link.  You should be able to find
the original message(s) by using Ben's new way of searching the
archive:

http://goo.gl/gLGhEs

I have a particular interest in the "Black Friday" page, which John
Baker has very kindly kept up over the years, so I'd be happy to
update those links in the next couple of days (unless someone beats me
to it).  I suspect, however, that there are several other Wikipedia
pages that rely on ADS-L etymological research and it would be great
to restore links to that data.  I know I'd find this very useful.

Thanks for your help.

-- Bonnie