[Ads-l] Another faux etymology for "Black Friday" (day after Thanksgiving)

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 26 17:03:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Though the Snopes example was collected last year, I don't think that
> page was created until this year.
>
> In the "What's New" section, it's dated as Nov. 24, 2014:
>
> http://www.snopes.com/info/whatsnew.asp
>
> ...but I think it was actually posted a few days before that (there
> are Twitter links to it from 11/19) and updated on 11/24.

Thanks much, Ben.  You're probably right that it wasn't on the website
in 2013, but I'm fairly certain this appeared at least several months
ago over on snopes.com, fairly in advance of this year's
"celebration."

Unless I've created a false memory of seeing it there earlier ...

-- Bonnie