Rick Aschmann's dialect map

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 8 13:29:48 UTC 2014

Speaking of phonological dialects…does anyone have a take on narrowing down the "North American accent" (that's how it's been described on the TV news) of the guy they're calling the American ISIS (parallel, I assume, to the "American Talib(an)" from earlier this century)?  The news segments show the guy wearing a mask and speaking English and Arabic, the former natively (it appears).

LH